The other day I had a craving for apple pie, so instead of having something full of fat and suagr, I decided to make my own.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbs sugar (any type will be fine, I used raw sugar)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- low fat vanilla ice cream
- On a medium heat, add apples, water and sugar to the saucepan.
- Cook for 5 mins, then add cinnamon and frozen berries.
- Cook for a further 10 mins until apples are softened.
- Remove from heat and let the apple berry mix cool down in the saucepan.
- Divide apple berry mix into 4 dishes and top with a scoop of low fat vanilla icecream.